Hey! This blog has been defunct for a while, but a lot of life things have happened in the meantime. Here's a recap of the past six months:
- Adam and I bought a house in Oakland! It's great and we love it but it also has been a lot of work, like digging out half of the yard trying to find irrigation pipes. Stay tuned for pics!
- I finished another 100 day project! This time I drew/photographed/talked about creepy things, which was super fun because creepy things are some of my favorite things. I've posted some of the creepy things to my site and will be updating my store with them soon.
- After a year of being open, I've decided to take a turn with my online store and switch to Etsy-only sales, with a Society6 shop in the works. It's been tough to maintain two separate storefronts and since most of my sales are currently through Etsy it just makes more sense for me right now. Let me know if you have any thoughts on this-- I'm still learning the best way to do all of this!
- I went on a super awesome girl's rafting trip to the Grand Canyon to celebrate a bunch of 30th birthdays! It was the best and that landscape and color pallet will definitely affect my work in the future.
- I've been doing a lot of thinking about focus and what work is most valuable and rewarding for me. Still a lot more thinking to do here, but it's been super interesting already realizing what I do and don't like doing. More posts to come on this in the future!
- I've been working on some really fun and exciting work for some awesome clients! I've been horrible about posting this work but it's at the top of my list-- some of my favorite projects recently were illustrating the cover of the Bay Woof newspaper and drawing a dog for Track7 Brewery (notice a theme there?).
- I've decided to start up this blog again! I was putting too much pressure on it before, but now I plan on using it more fluidly as a creative outlet. Expect more posts and hopefully an e-newsletter revamp!
Thanks for following along with my extremely disorganized creative life!
Talk to you soon,